COTEC, in collaboration with Roland Kupers, produced a report on Industry 4.0 and its potential impact on Portuguese Small and Medium Enterprises, based on a set of interviews.
- People are at the centre of the technological revolution;
- The integration of the Value Chain will create new challenges;
- Few companies anticipate major investments in i4.0;
- The environment and climate change are important issues for companies;
- The impact of Industry 4.0 varies according to sector;
- The adaptability of SMEs can be an advantage in the implementation of Industry 4.0.
- The development of i4.0 skills is a priority;
- Creation of collaboration platforms;
- Monitor the impact of climate change;
- Ethics, Standards and Certifications are issues to be considered.
See the full report on “The Impact of Industry 4.0 on Portuguese SMEs”